Waterproof Rooftop Cargo Bag
Get yourself one of these useful cargo bags and enjoy your trip with more comfort and peace of mind!
DETAILS & SPECIFICATIONS
- Cargo bag dimensions (expanded): H 44" L x 34" W x 18" H
- Cargo bag dimensions (folded): 11.0" L x 6.0" W x 15" H
- Cargo bag weight: 7.1 lbs.
1) Begin the installation process by cleaning the vehicle roof removing any dirt that can scratch the vehicle once the bag is loaded.
2) Position the protective mat over the area of the vehicle where the cargo carrier will rest. This will minimize sliding and scratching while the vehicle is in motion. DO NOT use a towel or other material in place of a non-skid mat.
3) Although mockins cargo bag is completely waterproof, position the cargo bag with the zipper-end facing the back of the vehicle to add an extra layer of protection from heavy rain.
4) Make sure that the strap slots on the bag are aligned with roof rails, roof rack, or car doors if using the ratchet straps.
5) Begin loading the bag, by putting the heaviest items in first and distributing the weight as evenly as possible. Once the bag is loaded, close the heavy duty zipper at the back and fold the flap over the entire zipper.
6) If using the black utility straps, pull them over the entire bag from side-to-side, front-to-back, or both. Make sure the straps are inserted through the slots at the top of the bag and around the roof rails or cross bars. Then, buckle the straps around the rails or bars and tighten them well. Wrap up any excess strap-length to prevent flapping. If using the orange ratchet straps, pull them through the slots and over the bag. If the vehicle has roof bars, attach the ratchet straps directly to the bars. Otherwise, bring the straps into the vehicle and connect the hooks.
7) Position the metal slot by opening and closing it so that you can easily insert and push the belt through. Pull both sides of the belt together and tighten the belt by opening it and closing it. If the belt isn’t tightening, the strap is not inserted correctly. Simply take it out, and reposition the metal slot. Once the strap is pushed properly through the other end, it will tighten easily. DO NOT over tighten the strap.
While on the road, remember to check on your cargo bag periodically making sure that it’s secured safely in place. We hope you enjoy using your mockins Rooftop cargo carrier bag and have a wonderful trip!
*For visual instructions, please see mockins rooftop cargo carrier assembly video on www.mockins.com or YouTube.